Monday, August 27, 2012

Apostrophes and Baseball

I had an idea to line a bunch of copies of the letter "A" up and run with the post, and I might eventually do that, but I felt like I wouldn't be able to use the Oakland Athletics logo because it had the apostrophe and the "S". It was the same issue I had with the alphabet journey I took.

So then I settled on this: an all apostrophe post.

There's not too many, though, and I'm really just interested in seeing them put together.

The first on this short list are the A's. Their logo is the one that's used most regularly of the three here.


The next is an alternate logo, used with some regularity, of the Baltimore Orioles, referred to as the O's.


This last one is from an era that ended in 1992 in Seattle. It really only lasted three years, but that first year, 1989, signaled the beginning of the New Modern era in baseball: Ken Griffey Jr, still a teenager, came along wearing the bright blue with the big golden "S", and baseball transcended sports for an entire generation of kids.

This, like the previous logo, was only an alternate, and never worn on a cap like the "O's" apostrophe logo.


Punctuation and logos...I sucker and a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment