Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mariners Take Cue from Own Past

I do like what the Mariners have done with an alternate home kit this season. Here is their normal home uniforms:


And here are the alternates about which I speak:


They've taken their current design but tweaked the color scheme to coincide with the beautiful gold-and-blue color scheme that was popularized with Ken Griffey's debut:


I'm an admitted sucker for blues and golds, and for the Pacific Northwest in general. I do think these alternates work. I also like their short-season Single-A affiliate Everett Aquasox homage to the Red-Sox for an alternate logo as well:

Everett is getting away with some stuff here, like the Mariners 80's Trident "M" as the "E":


And the entire bufotenin toad connection...love the twacked out eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment