Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sometime Soon for the Bobcats/Hornets?

Who knows when the NBA team in Charlotte will be allowed to go back to their original "Hornets" moniker. Adam Silver, the Commissioner-in-waiting, said maybe 18 months, so by '14-'15?


I once wrote a little bit about the Hornets name and legacy, how the name came to be (the late 1700s) and how all teams there tended to be named the same thing...sometimes names have historical importance to a region, like Orioles, Brewers, Rockies, and Marlins in, respectively, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Denver, and Miami. For a refresher here's a link to the first part, and here's a link to the second part.

Not that I really root for the Hornets/Bobcats, but I'm looking forward to that type of order being replaced to those team names. I suppose this switch means more to me than any Jazz/Pelicans or Lakers/Timberwolves rift.

No comments:

Post a Comment